Source: Economic Events February 13, 2019 – Admiral Markets’ Forex Calendar
The week opened with disappointing economic data. UK GDP came in at only 0.2% on quarter in the three months leading up to December 2018, easing from a 0.6% expansion in the previous period. Industrial production in the UK is decreasing by 0.9% year-on-year up to December of 2018, following a 1.3% fall in the previous month. Today, Pound Sterling traders will carefully watch the inflation data.
Expectations show that a consensus can be found at 1.9% year-on-year, below the BoE’s target rate of 2% and reducing chances of a rate hike in the near future – which were already low due to the ongoing uncertainty regarding Brexit, and could drive GBP/USD back below 1.2800 against the US dollar.
In addition, US inflation data will be released, too. It should come in at 2.1% as expected, and not result in any dramatic changes in the monetary policy of the FED (ie. no rate hikes in 2019, flexibility in regards to the balance sheet runoff), so GBP/USD should be expected to continue its drift downwards, most likely resulting in a drop below 1.2800 and a re-test of the trend line.
From here, a push higher and back towards 1.3000 could be expected if new talks about EU concessions regarding the Brexit deal arise.
Source: Admiral Markets MT5 with MT5-SE Add-on GBP/USD 4-Hour-chart (between November 13, 2017, to February 12, 2019). Accessed: February 12, 2019 at 10:00pm GMT – Please note: Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results, or future performance.
In 2014, the value of the GBP/USD fell by 5.9%, in 2015, it fell by 5.4%, in 2016, it fell by 16.3%, in 2017, it increased by 7.4%, in 2018, it fell by 5.6%, meaning that after five years, it was down by 22.9%.
Disclaimer: The given data provides additional information regarding all analysis, estimates, prognosis, forecasts or other similar assessments or information (hereinafter “Analysis”) published on the website of Admiral Markets. Before making any investment decisions please pay close attention to the following:
- This is a marketing communication. The analysis is published for informative purposes only and are in no way to be construed as investment advice or recommendation. It has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research, and that it is not subject to any prohibition on dealing ahead of the dissemination of investment research.
- Any investment decision is made by each client alone whereas Admiral Markets shall not be responsible for any loss or damage arising from any such decision, whether or not based on the Analysis.
- Each of the Analysis is prepared by an independent analyst (Jens Klatt, Professional Trader and Analyst, hereinafter “Author”) based on the Author’s personal estimations.
- To ensure that the interests of the clients would be protected and objectivity of the Analysis would not be damaged Admiral Markets has established relevant internal procedures for prevention and management of conflicts of interest.
- Whilst every reasonable effort is taken to ensure that all sources of the Analysis are reliable and that all information is presented, as much as possible, in an understandable, timely, precise and complete manner, Admiral Markets does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained within the Analysis. The presented figures refer that refer to any past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results.
- The contents of the Analysis should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets that the client shall profit from the strategies therein or that losses in connection therewith may or shall be limited.
- Any kind of previous or modeled performance of financial instruments indicated within the Publication should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets for any future performance. The value of the financial instrument may both increase and decrease and the preservation of the asset value is not guaranteed.
- The projections included in the Analysis may be subject to additional fees, taxes or other charges, depending on the subject of the Publication. The price list applicable to the services provided by Admiral Markets is publicly available from the website of Admiral Markets.
Leveraged products (including contracts for difference) are speculative in nature and may result in losses or profit. Before you start trading, you should make sure that you understand all the risks.